When most people think about the home inspection, they imagine the buyer hiring me to inspect the home they may purchase to give them all the info possible about the house. That is true, I do that.
What most folks don’t consider is this idea: Inspect the house BEFORE YOU SELL IT.
This is a great idea.
The last thing a seller wants is to accept an offer, then have a buyer ask for all kinds of concessions, or walk away because of new information revealed during their buyers inspection. It slows down or even stops the process all together.
Hiring me for a pre-listing inspection has several benefits to you as a seller.
- you can find items so you’re not surprised later on
- you can repair deficient conditions ahead of time, on your schedule and budget
- you can disclose conditions and not repair them. this says “i know its in this condition, and I’m telling you up front so this item has been taken into account in my asking price”
- leads to faster closings after an accepted offer is in place.
- this inspection, for me, is exactly like a buyers inspection.
- you can leave a copy for buyers or even at open houses for buyers to look at.
There are a number of reasons this is a good idea, perhaps this is the way home inspectors should have been used from the start. For more information about this home inspection, and other inspection services, visit www.homeinspectorri.com